COMMERCIAL DISINFECTING & FOGGING
Commercial disinfecting & fogging involves a process where hot spot (high touch) areas are first wiped down with disinfectant, and then the areas are fogged with a special machine dispersing disinfectant via a fog.
This is especially useful in high traffic common areas such as:
- Large offices
- Medical Centers
- Daycare & Education Centers
- Restaurants & Cafes
- Aged Care Facilities
- Buses, Taxis & Other Public Transport
How long do viruses and bacteria survive on common surfaces?
Viruses and bacteria can survive on surfaces an incredibly long period of time. This is why it’s important to regularly clean carpets & surfaces. Here is a list of common viruses & bacteria, and some estimated times of survival on common surfaces.
- Cold Virus: up to 4 hours on most surfaces
- RSV (respiratory synctial virus): up to 9 hours on wood & metal
- Flu (influenza): Up to 10 hours on most surfaces
- Parainfluenza (respiratory): Up to 10 hours on most surfaces
- Covid19 (SARS-Cov-2/Human Coronavirus): Metal, Glass, Ceramics & Wood 4-5 days; Plastics & Stainless Steel 2-3 days; Cardboard up to 24 hours.
- Salmonella and campylobacter (foodborne illness): one to four hours on hard surfaces
- Norovirus (stomach/digestive illness): several days on hard surfaces
- Clostridium difficile (diarrhea): five months on hard surfaces
- MRSA (staph bacteria): days to weeks in hard surfaces
How often should you disinfect?
Pathogens & particles are constantly bombarding the surfaces around us daily. So it’s important to clean surfaces as regularly as is possible. Particularly in the presence of kids, elderly or others who are generally at a higher health risk. Our technician can advise the best frequency based on your individual situation.
What we use
Hospital Grade – Disifinectant
We use only a high potency hospital grade disinfectant. Disinfectants are widely used to kill microbiological organisms that live on surfaces that may otherwise appear clean. As so many types of sickness are related to these bacteria it makes sense to clean our kitchens and other surfaces on a regular basis.
Checklist for pre and post treatment needs
Here’s a few useful tips we recommend before and after treatment, your technician will also cover any further requirements specific to your premise.
We recommend to perform the following before the treatment:
- Clean up the space and ensure clutter is minimal
- Store food items or food consumption tools away
- Cover well fish tank if there is any
- Relocate pets and employees or end users
- Protect any essential items that may be valuable or sensitive
Similarly, after a treatment, we encourage users to do the following:
- Evacuate and return a range from 2 to 4 hours later
- Ventilate the space well
- You may clean the place if you like.
- Lastly, resume activities per normal thereafter
- Natalya, Stanmore Bay
- Vanessa, Totara Views