Our team are trained to remove even the most stubborn of stains. We are commonly called out to address stains such as coffee, rust, pet stains, urine and vomit.
Our stomach sinks when we spill something like red wine or coffee on carpet, or your child or pet vomits or has an accident. Don’t worry! We have specialised products that can help. Give us a call, and in the meantime, here’s some things you can do:
- Place a damp towel over the stain (keep the stain damp)
- Do not scrub the stain
- Do not use over-the-counter stain removal sprays on the stain, as time after time we have seen these ‘set’ the stain, making it almost impossible to remove.
- Even if we can’t completely remove the stain, we should be able to significantly improve it. We will discuss this with you before treatment.
- For urine stains, please see the pet section.
Please note: the products used for stain treatment do not carry the same dFe certification as our general products.
We love our pets, but sometimes their ‘accidents’, particularly from urine, can be a headache to deal with. Let us take away that headache for you.
Pet urine odours
- To effectively treat the smell of pet urine, we have specialist products available that neutralize the odour-causing bacteria.
- One-off accidents can be treated by treating the surface of the carpet only.
- When a pet has revisited the same area multiple times, the urine seeps through to the underside of the carpet and into the underlay. In these cases, the area affected needs to be lifted to treat and clean, dried and then relayed.
- Our team is equipped and trained to give you the right advice and service.
- When on site, ask us for recommendations of effective household products to use.
- Urine, when released onto carpet, will cause discolouring to most carpet types due to a process commonly known as chemical burning as it begins to oxidize.
- It is rare to have the colour restored after a chemical burn has taken place.
- The key to avoiding colour stains from pet urine is fast removal.
- Natalya, Stanmore Bay
- Carole, Manly